Check out our new Sumatra Family Jungle Trek and Tour – where you will see wild Sumatra Orangutans, wash Elephants, meet the local school children and more…….
You will visit Bukit Lawang, Batu Kapal and Tangkahan on this 8 day Sumatran Family Jungle Trek and Tour.
Fitness level – easy. This tour is designed for families and friends looking for a leisurely nature and cultural holiday.
DAY 1. Pick up from airport Kuala Namu or Medan accommodation. 4-5 hours drive to Tangkahan. In the afternoon, explore river, small waterfall and hot springs or just chill out at the guest house. Accommodation at Tangkahan.
Day 2. After breakfast head off for elephant washing (walking with the elephants extra 750.000 pp and needs to be booked in advance). Optional activity late morning/early afternoon tubing down the river to a waterfall and swimming hole (500.000 IDR pp with lunch 350.000 without lunch) . Accommodation at Tangkahan.
Day 3. Morning drive to Bukit Lawang (approx 2.5 hours on bumpy road). Afternoon to relax and explore the river and village. Or choose an activity from Day 5 optional activities, eg tubing (cost extra). Accommodation Bukit Lawang.
Day 4. After breakfast head off on a half day jungle trek in Gunung Leuser National Park to spot wildlife & orangutans. (Note an over night jungle trek can be done in place of day 5 optional activities at additional cost, please let me know if you would like to do this) Accommodation Bukit Lawang Guesthouse
DAY 5. Optional activities. Choose from the optional activities below. Accommodation Bukit Lawang Guesthouse
- 3-4 hour becak (tuk tuk) tour of village life, tour of rice fields, tofu and brown sugar processing.
- Morning visit to local school to meet the children and give donation of books and school supplies as part of the pack for a purpose program (on school days)
- Arrange a massage late afternoon/early evening
- Free day for shopping in the village and chilling out by the river
- ½ day tubing on the Bohorok river
- Full day 4WD trip to waterfall and hot spring with lunch
- Visit the second largest waterfall in Sumatra – full day trip
- Full day white water rafting on the Marike River
Day 6. After breakfast walk to Landark river and Batu Kapal, option to visit bat cave on the way (easy flat walk about 1-1.5 hours). Afternoon option to paint your own batik-shirt. Swim and play in the river. Bonfire tonight and guitar. Accommodation Batu Kapal Guest House
DAY 7. Morning to explore the little water fall or have a look at the caves. After lunch walk back to Bukit Lawang. Accommodation Bukit Lawang Guest House
Day 8. Leave Bukit Lawang today to drive to the airport or Medan accommodation (4-5 hours) , option to visit the grand mosque and summer palace in Medan if enough time. Tour concludes today.