9 Days – Orangutans Lakes Volcanoes. Lake Toba, Berestagi Bukit Lawang
Our Group Tour Start Dates
Aug 2017 – Sunday 20
Sept 2017 – Sunday 3
Oct 2017 – Sunday 1
Nov 2017 – Sunday 5
Dec 2017 – Sunday 10
Sunday 20 Aug 2017 – Mon 28 Aug 2017.
Price $1160 AUD per person own room. $900 AUD per person share room
Looking for that adventure? Explore Sumatra’s orangutans lakes volcanoes and more.
DAY 1. Sun 20 Aug. Pick up by your guide at 9am from your Medan hotel, travel to Lake Toba, sightseeing on the way. Arrive at Parapat and take the ferry to Samosir Island. Accommodation on the edge of Lake Toba.
DAY 2. Mon 21 Aug. Day at Lake Toba. Visit local Batak king’s residence (Raja Siallagan). Choose what you would like to do for the rest of the day (at your cost) walk around the local village, hire a bicycle, or just chill out by the lake. Accommodation Lake Toba
DAY 3. Tues 22 Aug. Free day in Lake Toba to explore and relax Accommodation LakeToba.
DAY 4. Wed 23 Aug. After breakfast leave for 3-4 hour drive to Berestagi. stopping at the magnificent Sipiso Piso waterfall en route. Visit a traditional Batak house and village(Purba) on the way. Afternoon visit Gundaling lookout to the volcanoes. Late afternoon visit to hotspring baths. Accommodation Berestagi Hotel.
DAY 5. Thurs 24 Aug. Visit the fruit and flower markets and Buddist Temple in the morning, leave Berestagi to drive to Bukit Lawang Guest House (7 -8 hour drive).Optional sunrise volcano climb (400.000 pp) Arrive early evening and check into your guest house.
Day 6 7 8 Fri 25 Aug Sat 26 Aug Sun 27 Aug . Bukit Lawang/ Batu Kapal Optional Activities (costs extra) or choose a rest day. Min two people per activity. Accommodation Bukit Lawang or Batu Katak Guest House. Your choice of;
- Optional 2 day adrenalin pumping white water rafting and camping adventure from Berestagi to Bukit Lawang (additional cost 3M IDR pp, min persons 4, replaces days 5 and 6)
- Orangutan trekking – 3 hour (550.000 idr pp in 3), 6 hour (850.000 IDR pp min 3) or overnight Jungle Trek 1.35M IDR min 3
- Free day for shopping in the village or chilling out by the river
- In morning leave for Tangkahan elephants in the morning (not on Fridays, 2.5 hour drive on mostly dirt road) to arrive late morning, early afternoon elephant washing and ride. Min 2. Cost 1.7M IDR pp for elephant wash and ride. 1M IDR pp for elephant wash only.
- Tubing to a waterfall at Tangkahan with lunch (500.000 IDR pp)
- ½ day tubing on the Bohorok river 500.000 pp with lunch (min 2 people)
- Visit bat cave and Landark river 3-4 hours (300.000 IDR pp min 2)
- Half day village tour by bicycle, motor bike or becak (tuk tuk). Tour to see village life, rice fields, bamboo weaving, tofu and brown sugar processing. (Cost 300.000 IDR pp)
- Arrange a massage late afternoon/early evening (200.000 IDR pp)
- Art lesson make a Batik t-shirt or canvas at Batu Kapal (250.000 pp)
- Cooking with the locals. Informal Indonesian cooking class at Batu Kapal (400.000 pp)
- Bird and nature walk at Batu Kapal (3 hours 550.000 pp)
- Walk to waterfall at Batu Kapal (POA)
- Guitar and bonfire in evening at Batu Kapal
- Visit Volunteer English Class at Selang Pangeran as part of Pack for a Purpose Program and help with an English lesson (school supplies donation) Walk or by motor bike (1/2 day. cost of guide and transport)
- Plant a tree as part of the local reforestation program (150.000 IDR pp)
- Hot springs visit – full day trip. 1M IDR pp (min 2 people)
- White water rafting full day trip (cost 2M IDR pp min persons 2)
- Visit the second largest waterfall in Sumatra – full day trip 3 hours each way. (1M IDR pp min 2 people)
- Day trip to Batu RongRing, new ecotourism area – full day POA (maybe traditional medicine and traditional cooking class)
Day 9. Mon 28 Aug. Today tour ends on day 8 or 9. Head back to medan airport or accommodation via summer palace or grand mosque if enough time.